TaleWorlds Entertainment and Koch Media have announced that the critically acclaimed sandbox RPG Mount and Blade: Warband is coming to Playstation 4 and Xbox One later this year. If you’ve not seen the game in action before you can check it out in the trailer below:
Mount & Blade – Warband is a unique blend of intense strategic fighting, real time army command, and deep kingdom management. In a genre all its own, the game offers the one and only medieval combat / kingdom building sandbox experience.
Mount & Blade – Warband is the sequel of the original game that brought medieval battlefields to sandbox-life with its realistic mounted combat and detailed fighting system.
· Completely open sandbox-RPG set in a fictional medieval scenario, inspired by the middle age of our time and guided by a “trial and error” mentality
· Huge world map featuring various starting areas and different warring factions with numerous skills and traits
· Choose your career path and define your own goals on the way to success
· Challenging and complex, skill-based real-time fights
· Extensive character creation including skill defining multiple choice questions to define a personal background story
· Customizable appearance and selectable abilities for your character
· Improve your skills by using them in combat
· Total freedom thanks to the non-linear gameplay
· Besiege, conquer and take over strongholds
· Exchange your enemy prisoners for ransom money
· Fight alone or in the online multiplayer mode with up to 32 players
· Hire local volunteers and mercenaries, take prisoners or gain loyal companions through your deeds
· Fight on foot or atop of your steed (melee and ranged)
· Master the handling with Swords, Shields, lances, bows, crossbows and throwing weapons
· Small encounters or great battles: Experience the diverse fighting management with your troops
· Increase your reputation among the nobles and enhance your glory
· Act honourably or live with the consequences of your decisions
· Get married and secure your inheritance
Mount and Blade – Warband has been around for awhile on PC, but has proven very popular with RPG fans. I’ve never tried the game myself and don’t know a whole lot about it, but it’s great that console gamers can look forward to trying it out.
Mount and Blade – Warband is coming to the Playstation 4 and Xbox One sometime during Q2 2016. PC gamers can grab it right now on Steam via this link.