Thunder Lotus Games have announced that their hand-drawn action-exploration title Jotun will be coming to consoles in the form of a ‘Valhalla Edition’ – you can check out the announcement trailer below:
“Jotun is a hand-drawn action-exploration game set in Norse mythology.
In Jotun, you play Thora, a Viking warrior who died an inglorious death and must prove herself to the Gods to enter Valhalla.
Explore vast regions of Norse Purgatory to find runes to unleash the jotun, giant Norse elementals. Fight them using only your massive two-handed axe, the blessings of the Gods and your skills!
Impress the Gods!
- Experience beautiful hand-drawn animation
- Fight five epic jotuns, giant Norse elementals
- Explore nine vast and mysterious levels filled with Viking mythology
- Learn about Thora’s life and death in an overarching story
- Summon powers bestowed upon you by the Viking Gods
- Hear authentic Icelandic voice-overs
- Listen to an amazing original soundtrack, specifically composed for every gameplay moment by Max LL”
It’s awesome to see Jotun coming to consoles – the game looks awesome and the PC release received a ton of favourable reviews. There’ll also be an extra ‘Boss Rush’ mode included in the release, offering a more challenging version of the epic jotuns you take on in the game. Nice.
Jotun is coming to the Playstation 4, Xbox One and Wii U this year – we’ll keep you updated with release news in the near future. In the mean time you can grab the game on PC, Mac and Linux on Steam through this link.