Developer Tom Happ has announced that his critically acclaimed Metroidvania style action title Axiom Verge will make its eagerly awaited arrival on the Playstation Vita on April 19th in the US and April 20th in Europe. If you’ve not seen the game in action you can check out the original launch trailer below:
Axiom Verge is a retro-styled 2D “metroidvania” action-adventure, inspired by such classics as Rygar, Contra, Bionic Commando, Blaster Master, and, of course, Metroid. But it also gives you power overglitches like those found in classic games, allowing you to scramble enemies, corrupt environments, and enter hidden areas.
- Expansive Non-linear Exploration of 9 labyrinthine, interlocking areas.
- Gobs of unique tools and abilities, loads of weapons, and tons of health/power/attribute upgrades.
- Combat with dozens of unique creatures and bosses.
- Glitches allowing you to break past the boundaries of normal gameplay.
- Speedrun Mode – Play with a streamlined interface and additional features to facilitate speedrunning.
The sole developer, Tom Happ, is responsible for all the music, art, and programming in this game.
Axiom Verge launches for the Playstation Vita on April 19th in the US and April 20th in Europe. It’s available right now on Playstation 4, PC, Mac and Linux.