Did you love the classic platformers from the Nintendo 64 days? How about The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker? Then I recommend you play Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth – it’s available from today for PC, Mac and Linux. You can check out the launch trailer below:
Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth is a third-person action-adventure game inspired by the genre classics of the N64-era.
Trapped in an ancient forest, a young prince searches for a lost god. Here he befriends the spirit of a young girl and a volatile child, and they quickly find their destinies intertwined.
Players control all three protagonists as they explore an overgrown fantasy landscape, meet its strange and wonderful inhabitants, and overcome the ancient magic and puzzles protecting it. All this is wrapped in an interactive, non-linear story that challenges allegiances and true intentions.
In order to survive and bring balance to the forest, your combat, platforming and puzzle-solving skills will be put to the test!
– Switch between three playable characters, each with unique abilities, personalities and interactions
– Explore a colourful, hand-painted 3D world
– Full-length melodic soundtrack that varies for each level and area within
– Story-driven campaign spread across the world, that tells the tale of world and your place inside it
– Meet the friendly denizens making a living in the forest
– A vivid fantasy landscape to explore, filled with exotic creatures and terrifying monsters
– Over sixty different weapons with varying strengths and attack styles. Take any weapon a slain enemy used and manage your inventory as weapons lose durability and break
– Challenging puzzles, hidden secrets and mysterious riddles
– Windows, Mac and Linux support
– Supports Xbox 360, Xbox One and Steam Controllers (Controller recommended)
We’ll have our review of Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth on the site early next week – in the mean time don’t forget to check out our interview with developers Cardboard Keep here.
Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth launches today on PC, Mac and Linux – you can grab it on Steam through this link. It’ll be coming to consoles at a later date.