Now this is an interesting looking game – developers Throw The Warped Code Out are bringing their classic old school stylized horror title Back In 1995 to PC on April 28th. I’m a big fan of classic survival horror games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Alone In The Dark so I’m definitely liking the look of this. You can see the game in action in the trailer below:
A throwback to the survival horror and mystery games of the original PlayStation, Back in 1995 faithfully re-creates everything from this all-but-forgotten era of games.
Be transported to a world both concrete and indistinct, where you must uncover the mystery surrounding the disappearance of your daughter, the catastrophe that shook the city, and why you’ve decided to finally return.
Back in 1995 was created as a labour of love by indie developer Takaaki Ichijo as a means to replicate the unique feeling he had from his first gaming experiences: the PlayStation and the Sega Saturn.
· Get lost in the nostalgic world of retro 3D graphics, including low res models, texture warping, CRT emulation, and fixed CCTV style camera angles.
· Relive the mystery game genre with an old-school user interface and tank controls.
· Explore a sparse cityscape in the year 1995, littered with clues about the past.
· Interact with a cast of damaged characters whose intentions you can never truly know.
· Uncover the mystery of yourself, your daughter, and what happened to the city.
I’m really looking forward to trying this out. I often re-visit the classics on the original Playstation, so it’s sweet to have a new old-school horror title to try out. I do hope I can turn off the CRT effect though…
Back In 1995 is coming to PC on April 28th 2016 – check out more on the Steam page by clicking this link.