Check out our gaming news round-up for January 15th 2018, including a bunch of new titles that are coming to the Nintendo Switch and even the reveal of a new House of the Dead game! (It’s only in Japanese arcades for now, don’t get too excited)
– Oh… Sir!! The Insult Simulator and Oh… Sir! The Hollywood Roast both hit the Nintendo Switch this week
Fancy unleashing some brutal insults upon your friends and family on your Nintendo Switch? Well you’ll be able to this week, with the release of the tongue-lashing titles Oh… Sir!! The Insult Simulator and Oh… Sir! The Hollywood Roast, with both hitting Nintendo’s console on the 18th January. You can check out Oh… Sir! The Hollywood Roast in the trailer below:
“The original competitive roasting game, Oh…Sir!! The Insult Simulator’s comically contentious battle system lets players create quick-witted combos of disrespective dialogue to hurl at adversaries in competitive one-on-one arguments. There are multiple cantankerous characters to choose from, each with their own voices and quirks.
As the spinoff that no one asked for, Oh…Sir! The Hollywood Roast takes the torment to Tinseltown with a new cast of focus group-tested characters and features, as well as twice the vindictive vocabulary of its predecessor. An expanded career mode delivers new situations inspired by classic movie icons, while a revamped scoring system and new charged comeback mechanic make battles more dynamic than ever.”
Oh… Sir!! The Insult Simulator and Oh… Sir! The Hollywood Roast will be available on the Nintendo Switch on the 18th January.
– Tactical RPG Mercenaries Saga Chronicles hits the Nintendo Switch next month
Or, if you prefer tactical RPG action, you can wait until next month for the release of the tactical RPG collection Mercenaries Saga Chronicles!
“Featuring Mercenaries Saga: Will of the White Lions, Mercenaries Saga 2: Order of the Silver Eagle and Mercenaries Saga 3: Gray Wolves of War, Mercenaries Saga Chronicles assembles the heroes from this fantastic series in one collection.
– For the first time on a console platform, Mercenaries Saga: Will of the White Lions features Leon, the commander of the White Lions mercenaries. He’s hired to fight against bandits and monsters, but unexpected events draw him into war.
– Mercenaries Saga 2: Order of the Silver Eagle features Claude, the captain of the Kingdom’s Order of the Silver Eagle team. Unable to protect Prince Laz from the poison of an assassin, he sets off on a mission to find the antidote.
– Mercenaries Saga 3: Gray Wolves of War features Marion, the commander of the Gray Wolves mercenaries. He works with the Kingdom’s forces to deal with the uprising of the Liberation Army.”
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles is coming to the Nintendo Switch sometime in February – we’ll keep you posted when an official release date is revealed.
– SEGA are releasing a new House of the Dead game in Japanese arcades
So there’s no guarantee that we’ll ever see this on these shores, but I absolutely love the House of the Dead series so I can’t help but to feel a bit excited about it – SEGA have revealed House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn and it’s coming to Japanese arcades.
So I know nothing about the game other than it’s releasing on January 19th, but you can check out some screenshots over on the official website through this link. Here’s hoping we’ll eventually see it over on these shores… maybe even on consoles…
– Sci-fi arcade-tower defense title Spacejacked is coming to the Xbox One and Nintendo Switch later this year
I played a fair bit of Spacejacked when it was originally available on PC, but I’d love to be able to play it on the go on my Nintendo Switch. Of course, Xbox One gamers can join in on the action too – it’s coming to both platforms later this year. You can see the game in action in the trailer below:
Spacejacked is coming to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One later this year. You can find out more about the game on the official website through this link.
– Black and white schmup Squadron 51 hits the Nintendo Switch this year
Want another Nintendo Switch game reveal? How about one that blends together schmup gameplay with a neat retro black and white aesthetic. Take a look at Squadron 51:
Looks neat, right? I love a unique visual style and that’s certainly something Squadron 51 can boast. It’s coming exclusively to the Nintendo Switch later this year.
– 2D platformer Dream Alone is coming to the Nintendo Switch
How about one more Nintendo Switch reveal for the day? 2D platformer Dream Alone has been confirmed to hit Nintendo’s console later this year. Take a brief look in the trailer below:
“Dream Alone is a dark, Burtonesque 2D platformer with puzzle mechanics. The main character, a boy named Irra, can overcome obstacles by switching between real life and an alternative reality, and by creating a clone of himself! It’s one of those easy to learn, hard to survive games.“
Dream Alone is also coming to PC and mobile devices, so non-Switch owners don’t have to miss out. The PC release date is March 21st 2018, with other platforms coming later in the year.