Developer Torn Page Games have launched the Kickstarter for their upcoming blood-soaked action title Gunkatana, a retro inspired game coming to PC, Mac and Linux. You can check out the Kickstarter trailer below:
Gunkatana is a turbo-fast action game, cracking top-down across speed rails. It’s the neon-infused pixel art dream of Geraldo Nascimento and CrazyArcadia. We want to deliver a tight, hyperkinetic action game that’s easy to play, but hard to master!
It’s inspired by Hotline Miami, Towerfall, and our collective influences from action games and cyberpunk stories. It’s all that we love, tossed in a blender until it reaches that juicy technopunk gameplay goodness.
We’ve put together a team of really talented people to create Gunkatana with us. We want to share the experience, the sounds and the stories of this world & its characters we cherish so much with YOU.
In this city, the only lights in the sky are neon. Murder for entertainment or fight for freedom in the Gunkatana death matches.
- Story Campaign for single or co-op
- Local Multiplayer up to four players
- An easy to learn, hard to master combat system
- Speed Rails – grind-kill your opponents in beautiful, almost poetic fashion
- 4 playable characters with strong motivations
- Retro inspired pixel art
- Gritty cyberpunk atmosphere
- A deep storyline chronicling the revolution against the megacorporations who control Absolution
- RETROWAVE soundtrack by Electric Cafe
- Sound design by Joonas Turner and Niilo Takalainen (Nuclear Throne, Broforce)
If you’re interested in backing Gunkatana you can check out the Kickstarter page by clicking this link – they’re seeking £40,000 in funding and have a few stretch goals set up too, including a port of the game to consoles.
Gunkatana is due to release sometime during Q4 2016 for PC, Mac and Linux.