Rising Star Games and developers Bitmap Bureau have announced that their upcoming action-packed 2D platformer 88 Heroes will hit PC and consoles on the 8th August 2016. (That’s the 8th day of the 8th month, you know…) If you’ve not seen the game before you can check it out in the trailer below:
88 Heroes is a chaotic 2D platformer that is as fun to watch as it is to play, where each level completed or untimely death brings a new uniquely skilled hero into the action. With just 88 minutes to complete all 88 levels, you’ll need every one of the 88 heroes to stop the dastardly Dr. H8 destroying the Earth! Are you up to the challenge?
“We’ve got at least 88 reasons why we’re so excited to be working with Bitmap Bureau on the release of 88 Heroes”, said Martin Defries, Managing Director of Rising Star Games. “Top of the list has to be the fast-paced and hectic, yet cunning and precise platforming gameplay, that is a genuine crowd-pleasing spectacle to behold and a thrill to play”.
“88 Heroes has been a labour of love for us at Bitmap Bureau, and is representative of the many years of 2D game development we have accumulated”, said Mike Tucker, Director at Bitmap Bureau. “It’s particularly exciting for us as it’s both our first console release and also the first time we’ve worked with Rising Star Games; a publisher with a great reputation in the industry”.
88 Heroes Key Features:
- 88 unique and original playable characters, each with their own skills and abilities that may help or hinder the player
- Hero order is randomly selected with each play, meaning players will always face a fresh and varied challenge!
- 88 levels across 4 areas to conquer, each with its own unique boss encounter
- Watch the action from Dr. H8’s lair as he tries to thwart your plans, drinks coffee, takes bathroom breaks and berates his accident-prone henchmen
- Multiple game modes including: Magnificent 8 mode – choose a team of just 8 heroes to tackle the entire game with; Solo mode – pick just one hero and master their skills in order to survive as long as you can
- More heroes incoming with DLC!
The game looks really fun and the premise is pretty unique too – I’m excited to see each of the 88 Heroes on offer!
88 Heroes is coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac and Linux on August 8th 2016. You can find out more about the game on the official website through this link.