Rain World, the survival platformer from Adult Swim Games and Videocult, releases today on PlayStation 4 and PC. Climb through the ruins of an ancient civilization, evade the jaws of vicious predators, and discover new lands teeming with strange creatures and buried mysteries.
As a vulnerable slugcat separated from your family, you are left to scour industrial wastelands for food and shelter from bone-crushing rains. But plenty of other, stronger creatures are also fighting for their survival―and slugcats look delicious.
By journeying ever deeper into your new environment, you’ll discover a variety of flora and fauna each with a specific role in Rain World’s living ecosystem. Observe the way creatures interact with one another to inform your own behavior. Which species are especially territorial? Which are more trusting? And which, in the midst of chasing a larger meal, might ignore a tiny slugcat just trying to get by?
As you travel across Rain World’s twelve diverse regions in search of your kin, you may stumble across ancient secrets, and perhaps even discover what happened to the previous inhabitants of this strange land…
– Rain World Features –
- Sneak, climb, and pounce your way through a dynamic, ever-changing ecosystem of predators and prey
- Explore a vast world of over 1600 rooms, spanning 12 diverse regions filled with ancient secrets and undiscovered dangers
- Nimble movements and procedurally generated animation gives slugcat a natural fluidity of movement and unique sense of weight
- Intense, primal predator encounters will challenge your reflexes
- Limited resources and the constant, impending threat of rain will test your nerve
Rain World releases today on the Playstation 4 and PC.