Nintendo have lifted the lid on Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ upcoming free Autumn update today, and surprise, surprise, it’s all about Halloween. Who would have seen that coming? It all looks like it’s going to be a whole lot of spooky fun for players to dive into though, with pumpkins aplenty as they craft new spooky furniture and share candy with the other trick or treaters in their town.
Check out the reveal trailer below:
You can see what is included in the upcoming update down below:
– Growing Pumpkins: Pumpkin starts are available in-game from Leif year-round or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once pumpkins are grown, they can be harvested and put to use in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
– Halloween Preparations: Pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming up. With the big day just around the corner, players can start stocking up on candy early. It is possible to purchase costumes, such as a mage dress or a mummy outfit, at Able Sisters’ shop during the month of October. Body paint and coloured eye contacts are available by exchanging Nook Miles. Fellow residents will also give out Halloween-themed DIY recipes.
– Halloween Night Celebrations: When Halloween night arrives on 31st October, after 5 p.m., neighbours will gather in the plaza which will be adorned with an array of Halloween decorations. Players will also receive a visit from a mysterious guest: Jack, the “czar of Halloween.” By giving Jack lollipops and candy, players earn spooky in-game rewards. Saving some candy for neighbours helps players to avoid getting pranked by them. Luckily, they can learn a couple of new Reactions to properly express their feelings of fear.
– Dreaming Favorite List: The ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced this summer. Now, players will be able to curate a list of their favourite islands to visit in dreams, making it easier to revisit them anytime.
– NookLink Update: The NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app is also receiving an update in early October With the update, players will be able to use their smart device to perform reactions in the game. How about using it for this occasion?
I can’t wait to see what ‘dirty tricks’ Lucky plays on me this Halloween… *shudder*
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is out now on the Nintendo Switch. Find out more on the official website through this link.