To celebrate the launch of the PlayStation 5 in the UK tomorrow, Sony and Transport for London have collaborated to give Oxford Circus a PlayStation-themed makeover. This means you’ll see the iconic PlayStation controller symbols gracing the Underground roundels, some artwork on the walls, and even some re-imagined names for the stations you may be stopping at…
You can check out some photos of the makeover down below:
As part of the TfL partnership the iconic Tube roundels (both above and below ground) have been reimagined to feature the four iconic PlayStation shapes.
As well as transforming the roundels, the station’s tunnels, platforms, and entrance/exits have also been transformed. These include:
– Roundels changed above ground at each of the station’s four entrance/exits on the Oxford Circus/Regent Street junction
– Roundels changed on the walls of the Bakerloo, Victoria, and Central line platforms
In addition, four other Underground stations across London have been taken over by some of the next generation’s most loved games, featuring scenery and characters from fan favourite franchises. These Punderground Stations include;
– Mile End station pays homage to Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales by becoming Miles End
– Lancaster Gate becomes Ratchet and Clankaster Gate
– Seven Sisters has been renamed Gran Turismo 7 Sisters
– and West Ham station has become Horizon Forbidden West Ham
It’s nice to see stuff like this and I’m sure that PlayStation gamers eagerly anticipating their new consoles tomorrow will certainly get a spark of excitement when they see the iconic logos during their daily travel. It’s a shame that lockdown might prevent everyone from enjoying it right now, but at least it’ll put a smile on some people’s faces. Good job, Sony.
The PlayStation 5 releases in the UK tomorrow… not long to wait, now! Find out more on the official website through this link.