Nintendo have released a trailer for the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD that details some of the new quality of life enhancements coming to the remastered title ahead of its release on the Nintendo Switch.
Check it out down below:
It has always been known that the game would get revamped controls, but some of the other improvements were unknown. Fortunately, Nintendo have been forthcoming in revealing them, with the following enhancements to look forward to when the game releases:
- Optional help from Fi: Fi only appears in cut-scenes or when necessary and can otherwise be summoned manually to provide advice or guidance.
- Enhanced framerate: The game runs at 60 frames per second, resulting in smoother gameplay
- Fast-forward dialogue: Text shown on-screen can be fast-forwarded by pressing the B Button
- Streamlined item information: Explanations for collectable items, such as insects and materials, only appear the first time the item is collected
- Skippable cutscenes: Cutscenes can be skipped by pressing the – Button
- Autosave: Game progress will be saved automatically, in addition to the existing manual save option
- Skippable tutorial dialogues: The introductory player tutorials have been refined to be less intrusive
The enhanced framerate is certainly a big plus, but being able to fast-forward through dialogue and tutorial sequences is appreciated – especially for those who have already played through the game in the past. Some of these might seem like small changes, but they will go a long way in making the experience more enjoyable for players.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is coming to the Nintendo Switch on July 16th 2021. Find out more on the official website through this link.